This course has been running successfully for over 25 years and is as popular today as when we started in 1989. It provides students with a general all-round knowledge in key aspects of horticulture. Students are offered a good balance of practical and theory based skills including: scientific experiments, building techniques, garden design, organic production, plant care and identification.
- Plant Science
- Soil Science
- Plant Identification
- Plant Protection
- Ornamental Horticulture
- Garden Design/Organic Production
- Permaculture Design
- Combined Materials
- Work Practice
The course is aimed at mature students and school leavers who have a keen interest in horticulture and /or relevant experience.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- Language test for international students
1 Year full time (Sept - May)
- The confidence and skills to design, construct and maintain a functional modern garden
- An understanding of plants, their structure and care, the soil they grow in and how it all works
- A QQI/FETAC Level 5 Award in Horticulture - 5M2586
Directly into employment with landscapers, garden centres and related areas. Many of our past students have also set up their own business. Progression to FETAC Level 6 Horticulture at Pearse College with further study available through the FETAC links scheme at level 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Amenity Horticulture is a popular, hands on course open to all.
Please click here and fill in our application form. We will be in touch with you shortly regarding an interview time and date.