This is a new course in Pearse College. It will equip students with the skills and knowledge to competently work with older clients in a professional and compassionate manner.
• Care Support 5N0758
• Safety and Health at Work 5N1794
• Care Skills 5N2770
• Personal Effectiveness 5N1390
• Work Experience 5N1356
• Care of the Older Person 5N2706
• Care Provision and Practice %n2705
• Challenging Behaviour 5N1706
N.B. To apply for a place on the course, students must be eligible under the VTOS scheme.
The course runs one year full time from September to May.
FETAC Level 5 Certificate in Health Support – 5M4339.
There are opportunities to progress to other relevant higher awards or straight into the workplace.