The service offers the following:
In the Guidance area
- support in making subject choices,
- study skills and examination techniques
- CV preparation and interview skills
- job search
- career planning and interests assessment
- college application including CAO and UCAS applications.
In the Counselling area
- support and help re study difficulties
- exam stress
- parental/peer stress
- home difficulties
- substance abuse
- coping difficulties, etc.
A referral system to other support services is also in place.
Students who are re-enrolling and who have been attending a college guidance counsellor for personal issues are strongly advised to seek an appointment early in the new academic year, should they need continuing support and/or counselling.