Did you know……
• Dolly the sheep was cloned in 1996
• That added sugar in food is so bad for us and is believed to be a leading cause of diseases that kill millions of people each year
• Or that it takes the consumption of 3,500 calories to make a pound of weight
• In 1995 a standard 5GB USB key cost 1,500 euro compared to today’s price of less than 5 euro
If you are intrigued by any of these facts and if you have an interest in Science and Nutrition and would like to further your studies in this area, this is the course for you.
This part-time course is split into 2 groups, Science and Nutrition, and will run over 2 years. It will have practical as well as theory based modules, with an emphasis placed on progression to Leaving Certificate or FETAC level 5 courses.
- Laboratory Techniques
- Work Experience
- Information Technology Skills
- English as a Second Language
- Food and Nutrition
The Back to Education Initiative (BTEI) provides part-time Further Education programmes for young people and adults. This course is free to those who are eligible for BTEI.
This course runs over two years - part time.
QQI Level 4 Certificate in Science Skills.
Students may wish to proceed to the Leaving Certificate Science stream or further education at Level 5 on the Food Science, Sports and Fitness, Soccer and Complimentary Medicine courses in Pearse College.
Please click here and fill in our application form. We will be in touch with you shortly regarding an interview time and date.